VAPOR HONING SERVICES
Duluth Powersports LLC appreciates classic and retro motorcycles; that’s why we only offer top-quality services at a price that’s right for you. One of our specialty services, Vapor Honing, will give your aged asset a fresh start.
Vapor honing, also known as wet blasting or liquid blasting, is extracting contaminants from a surface. This will take corrosion, grease, dirt, and any unwanted imperfections from the surface to achieve the most refined finish of your metal engine cases, carburetor, etc. The finish is made through the flow of water borne abrasive, giving a finer finish on everything – from plastics to metals, due to the flowing action of the water. Motorcycle parts you may deem as useless can be restored!
ADVANTAGES OF OUR VAPOR HONING
- Cleans by the flow of water and not by impact
- Closed-loop machinery: the media being used is recycled and reused within the tank.
- Water only acts as a lubricant.
- Avoids media impregnation on soft materials like aluminum, brass, and bronze.
- It is entirely a dust-free process.
- No heat is produced during the process.
- Safe on all sealing faces, seatings, and plastics. Works great on any alloy or brass parts.
- It preserves history.
- Environmentally-friendly because of its chemical-free process.
- Wide range of use.
EFFECTS OF OUR VAPOR HONING ON YOUR MOTORBIKES
- Removal of rust, scale, and other impurities.
- Removal of dies and mold growth.
- Automotive restoration
- Deburring process
- High-performance engine building
- Complete surface preparation before bonding, re-painting, or re-coating
VAPOR HONING BEFORE AND AFTER
Order Form | Duluth Powersports LLC Vapor Honing and Carburetor rebuilding
PLEASE REVIEW BEFORE PROCEEDING
Before shipping any parts please call or email for a quote on these services. For Vapor honing services all internal and external parts must be removed. If you need assistance removing parts please request this when emailing or calling for a quote.
All orders MUST have an order form included in the box/shipment. Any parts received without this form are subject to rejection or delayed work.
If you are shipping large items that require special handling, please ship them in a plastic tote or wooden box to ensure safe shipping. We also recommend you insure the shipment for the value of the item(s). Duluth Powersports LLC is not responsible for damage caused by carrier mishandling.